As much as I LOVE to travel, I hate packing. I’m always so paranoid I’ll forget something important (I think this stems from when I accidentally forgot my iPod for a vacation as a kid). I make checklists before every trip so I can lower my chances of forgetting something. I’m fortunate enough to be able to travel multiple times per year and I’m so excited to be traveling to Washington state later this summer! Here are the things I can’t live without while traveling:
- Identification Whether it’s a driver’s license, state ID, passport, etc. This one’s a no-brainer, but so easily forgotten.
- Activities Boredom while traveling is the worst. If I’m traveling during the school year, I’ll typically bring homework with as an attempt to be productive. I always bring a book and make sure my laptop, iPad and phone are fully charged before I leave.
- Food Traveling can be stressful, and the last thing you want to add to that stress is a hungry stomach.
- Chargers Also a no-brainer, but easily overlooked.
- Water Bottle I drink a ridiculous amount of water (Literally like a glass every hour). It’s one thing (health wise) that I’m actually really good at staying on top of. Depending on where I’m going, I’ll either bring a reusable water bottle or a plastic water bottle if I don’t want to risk losing one of my nicer bottles.
- Moisturizer Whether it’s for your face or just your hands, traveling by plane dries out your skin.
- Camera Because why would you ever go on a trip without one?
- Headphones I love using my noise canceling headphones on planes if I want to sleep.
- Sweater Because planes are always freezing.
- Hand Sanitizer This is more of an everyday essential for me, but it’s especially important in airports.
Happy traveling everyone!